If you’re already suffering through the sweltering summer temperatures, why not consider installing mini-split air conditioning in Long Island?
What Is Mini-Split Air Conditioning?
Mini-split air conditioning is an ingenious system that provides air conditioning to properties that don’t have an air duct system. Basically, they consist of two parts: an air-handling unit on the inside of the property and a compressor or condenser on the outside of the building. The two elements are linked by means of a conduit that passes through the wall. (You can read more about how mini-split air conditioning works at Energy.gov.)
There are significant advantages to installing a mini-split AC system over a central air conditioning:
- They’re small and therefor take up less room than a central air system with ducts.
- They allow you to regulate the temperature for each room separately.
- Because they don’t have to regulate the whole property all the time, they consume less energy, which in turn keeps your energy bills low and reduces your carbon footprint.
Should You Install Mini-Split Air Conditioning?
If you’re wondering whether mini-split air conditioning is right for you, you need to make an assessment of your property and needs. For example:
- Is the property occupied and all of the rooms occupied most of the day and/or night? If the answer is yes, then you’re better off with a central air system with ducts. However, if the answer is no, then you will most likely benefit from being able to control the air temperature in the individual rooms.
- Are you looking to save money on your air conditioning bills? If the answer is yes, then you should most definitely consider min-split AC
- Is it a problem to install appliances on the walls of the property, for example if you don’t have many exterior walls (like in a townhouse) or if you simply don’t want to look at an appliance in your living room? If the answer is yes, then a central AC is the way to go.
Obviously, the question of what type of AC to install is best answered by an HVAC specialist who understands your property and your needs. To get the best professional advice, call Rebmann Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, your trusted HVAC experts for more than 75 years!