5 Signs Your Home’s Furnace Needs Professional Repair
How can you tell if the furnace in your Long Island home needs repair? Here are are some warning signs any homeowner can check for in order to tell if they need furnace repair.
- Loud Sounds– Not every furnace can be whisper-quiet, but it also shouldn’t be making banging sounds or other strange noises during normal operation.
- More Expensive Heating Bills– Have your heating bills been going up each month? It could be because the weather is getting colder…or there may be something wrong. If you start to notice a huge jump in the price of your energy bills, consider an inspection.
- Poor Air Quality– Are your having allergies out of season? It could be because you need duct cleaning! If your ventilation for your HVAC system hasn’t been maintained in a while, it can collect dust and other contaminants that get distributed through the air.
- Uneven Heating Between Rooms– If you experience insufficient heat or heat that is unevenly balanced between different rooms, you may have issues with your ventilation or your insulation. Either way, you should have a professional come and perform a check up on your furnace.
- Temperatures Not Matching Thermostat– Should you notice that your home feels colder or warmer than the temperature on your thermostat, it may not be your thermostats problem. Sometimes, when a furnace is old enough, it fails to produce the proper temperatures even though it is burning the same amount of fuel.
If you still aren’t sure if your furnace needs a repair or a full-on replacement, you can call a Rebmann Plumbing and Heating professional for furnace inspection. We answer our phones 24/7! So call in the experts at Rebmann Plumbing & Heating today. Our heating professionals can perform an inspection and furnace repair to have your heating system back in shape on the same day as your call!