Best Practices for Winterizing Your Home This Season
The cold weather is upon us and it doesn’t look like it is going to warm up anytime soon. Hopefully your home’s heating system is working perfectly so you and your family can stay warm during these brutally cold Long Island Winters. In case you forgot anything, here are some essentials you should have or do in your home to stay warm.
- Install a Generator: Be ready for anything with whole house back-up power protection. We are fully-stocked with Rood gas generators that will automatically switch on in the event if an outage.
- Convert From Oil to Gas: Gas is a much more affordable method of household heating, plus we help our customers receive the best deal with over $1000 in rebates and gift cards.
- Flush Out Exterior Plumbing Systems: This includes any outdoor showers, hoses, and lawn irrigation systems. Completely drain and disconnect all of these fixtures and avoid frozen pipes that might burst under pressure.
- Insulate Pipes: Insulating exposed basement pipes is an affordable way to prevent pipes from freezing. Pipe insulation also works to keep hot water hot, thus reducing energy bills.
- Get a Thorough Home Inspection Done by a Pro: Give us a call and invite one of our experienced technicians to inspect your entire home. We’ll guarantee that it’s in safe condition and prepared for the cold weather.
Our family is proud to have served the north and south shores of Nassau and Suffolk Counties for nearly a century. We love Long Island and we are happy to continue working to keep you and your home safe this winter as we’ve done for the last hundred years.
Contact the experts at Rebmann Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning to learn more about best practices for Long Island home winterization.