Do you need a replacement?
Boilers are one of those household appliances you probably don’t think about too often – you just expect them to work. Well, what about when they don’t?
Of course, boilers are not meant to last forever so at some point or another throughout the course of it’s life something is going to go wrong. Sometimes, it’s a small problem that can be fixed with minor repairs. Other times, though, it’s more serious and may require a replacement. How can you tell the difference?
Signs you need a boiler replacement
- Smelling gas or oil: If this smell is new, then you need to take action as soon as you can. This may not be only hazardous to your health, but it will also cost you a lot more money for additional fuel.
- Extreme or inaccurate temperatures: Water should be hot – not warm, not cold – on demand. If there are any fluctuations in heat or water temperatures, you could have a damaged boiler.
- Leaking water: A leak will not be overly detrimental to the boiler, but it will increase your utility bills. A leak means the boiler will need more oil to gas to achieve it’s heating goals.
- Your system is old: Boilers should be regularly maintained and adjusted for efficiency in water and temperature heating. If you haven’t maintained it over the years, or it’s just an old unit, it’s time to think about replacement.
- Hearing a hissing noise: This could be a sign of uneven water distribution or overheating.
We hope that you won’t let the above five signs go on for too long without calling in for a replacement. But, if you are still on the fence, there are some other features of new boilers that you should be aware of.
Benefits of a boiler replacement
- Comfortable and quiet
- Over 50% utility bill savings
- Clean and compact installation
- Even distribution of heat
- Reliable operation
Don’t wait too long to replace your boiler – call Rebmann Plumbing and Heating today!