6 Long Island Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling Tips from Rebmann
Thinking of remodeling your Long Island kitchen or bathroom? Terrific! There are so many advantages:
– Water conservation
– Decrease monthly utility bills
– Eliminate mold, mildew, and other contaminates
– Increase value of home
– Improve space efficiency and home luxury
Regardless of the reason, or whether or not this is a second summer home or full-time household, we recommend considering a few suggestions:
1. Don’t Rush: So many times homeowners tend to rush through remodeling just before selling their home. We get it. Kitchen and bathroom remodeling will most likely increase the value of your home at re-sale, but rushing leads to cheap, haphazard improvements easily detectable to any home inspector causing your plan to backfire.
2. Enjoy Your Improvements: We suggest making enhancements you and your family can enjoy. It’s your home, and it is meant to be lived in and appreciated.
3. Update Common Fixtures: An affordable way to get started is to update faucets and shower heads. New kitchen and bathroom fixtures reduce water consumption, save money, and look great.
4. New Toilet: Another affordable and environmentally friendly way to improve your home is to install a new toilet. Consider installing a low consumption, high horsepower toilet—there’s no need to have a toilet that fills water to the rim. Again save water, and save money.
5. Garbage Disposal: If you already have one, consider an upgrade that works harder and lasts longer, and if you don’t have one, you should! A high capacity garbage disposal is a small luxury that goes a long way in home improvement and investment.
6. Instant Hot: We love installing instant hot faucets. Instant hot dispensers instantly provide near-boiling water for tea, coffee, baby bottles, oatmeal, and so much more. These high-tech devices look great and make life that much easier.
Of course we understand keeping your eye on home re-sale investments, but try not to rush through remodeling jobs. Enjoy your hard work and be sure to spend some quality time basking in the luxury of your new and improved appliances.
Contact Rebmann, Long Island’s trusted plumber for nearly a century, to learn more about how our expert team can help you with your kitchen and bathroom remodeling.