Are you thinking about installing a new water heater in Long Island? Then maybe it’s time to replace your old storage tank model with a modern tankless water heater. Here’s what you need to know about tankless water heaters and the signs it’s the right choice for you.
How a Tankless Water Heater Works
A conventional water heater has a tank that stores hot water, which is delivered to your sink or shower when you turn the tap. When the water supply runs low, the tank has to fill itself and heat the water before it can deliver hot water. Until then, it can only give you cold water.
In contrast, a tankless water heater doesn’t have a storage tank at all. Instead, the water runs over a heating element when hot water is requested anywhere in your home. Because it heats the water on demand, a tankless water heater provides an endless supply of hot water.
Is a Tankless Water Heater Right for You?
While there are still many people in Long Island who prefer their conventional models, more homeowners are replacing their traditional tank water heaters with tankless models. But what are the signs you should switch to a tankless water heater?
- You’re tired of not having enough hot water. Some people like cold showers. However, they’re few and far between. Most people prefer a hot shower, regardless of the time of day or season. If you find your family is getting cold showers, then a tankless model is just what you need. It will provide endless hot water so everyone can enjoy the benefits of a hot shower.
- Your energy bills are high. A traditional water heater needs to keep a large tank warm at all times. This means using energy and wasting energy as the water cools and needs to be reheated. With a tankless model, you only pay once when the water is heated. There is no waste as the water sits in a tank or needs to be reheated once it runs out.
- You want to do the right thing for the planet. Tankless water heaters run at about 96% energy efficiency. This is compared to a 60-65% efficiency rating on a tank water heater. This means savings on your bills and an environmentally friendly decision, too. You will use less energy and help the planet.
- You want to use the space for something else. A conventional water heater is about the size of a refrigerator. That means using a huge amount of space in your basement or utility room that could be used for something else. A tankless water heater is smaller and mounted on your wall, giving you back floor space.
- You want a water heater that will last. While a conventional model lasts approximately 8-12 years, a tankless water heater has a lifespan of 20 years. While you will pay a bit more for a tankless model upfront, the longevity of the unit will give you a great return.
Why Choose Rebmann Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning to Install Your Tankless Water Heater?
If you’ve come to the conclusion that a tankless water heater is exactly what you need, then call the experts at Rebmann Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. We can advise you about capacity, brand, and model so that your family has hot water whenever they need it. Once you have the tankless water heater, you can enjoy this investment for years to come. Our plumbers are fully licensed, bonded and insured to handle any plumbing issue you may have. We have three generations of experience serving the Long Island area and providing the best customer service.
If you want to make the switch to a tankless water heater, then call Rebmann Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today!