Top 5 Signs It’s Time for a New Boiler
The majority of Long Island homes run on boilers. Our family-owned establishment has been specializing in Long Island boiler repairs and replacements for three generations. We know boilers and we know them well.
How do you know when your boiler should be replaced?
Warm water is never good enough. You deserve hot water when you want it. If your household water isn’t hot, there is most likely something wrong with your boiler.
1. Smell of gas or oil: Any odors emitting from your boiler call for immediate professional attention. Gas or oil released into the atmosphere may not only be extremely hazardous to your health, but may also be a sign of a leak resulting in inefficient energy usage and additional expenses. We recommend taking care of this right away.
2. Extreme or inaccurate temperatures: As previously mentioned, water temperatures should be hot-on-demand, not warm or tepid. Constant extremes aren’t good either. Accurate water temperature is the water temperature you or your family desires, and that is all. Any fluctuations in heat or water temperatures could mean a damaged boiler.
3. Leaking water: Homeowners should of course be concerned if pools of water show up in unwanted places. A leak, no matter how small or large, while not entirely detrimental to the overall boiler system, will more than likely increase your utility bills. Leaks mean the boiler will need more oil or gas energy (i.e. more of your money) to achieve its heating goals.
4. Hissing sounds: Hissing noises could be a sign of uneven water distribution and might lead to eventual overheating. They are also nagging sounds that may disrupt the peace and harmony of your home environment.
5. Age: Boilers, like all plumbing systems, should be regularly maintained and adjusted for efficiency to ensure proper water heating.
Rebmann brings nearly a century of experience across the north and south shores of Long Island covering all the residential and commercial boiler needs thoughout Nassau and Suffolk counties. We are committed to providing quality design, installation, sales and service and offer a one-year warranty on all parts and services.
Call the experts at Rebmann. Our trusted team is ready to take care of your boiler today.