To steal a warm, summertime phrase: We’re in the dog days of winter. And we still have a ways to go. Furnace don’t fail me now!
Your heating system may be cruising along now, and you may think nothing’s wrong – but you don’t want to find out the hard way. The older your furnace gets, the less efficient it becomes. Therefore, it’s always a good time to evaluate your furnace. You can’t be certain it will work reliably for much longer.
Since it’s not always obvious when the best time is to replace your furnace, and there are a lot of factors to consider, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- How old is your furnace? You should be wary of anything over 15 years old.
- Are your energy bills going up even though your heat usage is the same? Your furnace’s efficiency may be slowly declining.
- Do you see a yellow flame coming from your burner? It should be blue to indicate it’s burning as purely as possible. Yellow means the burner isn’t mixing air and gas properly.
- Are certain rooms in your house getting heated while others aren’t?
- Is your furnace cycling on and off more frequently?
- Does your furnace need frequent repairs? A replacement may be more economical than constant repairs. You might end up spending more on repairs than a brand new unit.
- Do you hear strange noises likes rattles, buzzes, or hums coming from your furnace?
- Is there a lack of humidity in your home? Is there more dust? Old furnaces can’t moisturize the air in your home as well.
- Are there any visible cracks, corrosion or rust on your unit?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it’s time to for you to consider a furnace replacement.
Benefits of a Furnace Replacement and Installation
As part of our sizing process, our furnace specialists will inspect your home’s ventilation system and perform a detailed load calculation to determine the best, high-efficiency system for your home. With these services, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of a furnace replacement, such as:
- Improved comfort for you and your family.
- Better temperature control in your home with smarter thermostats
- Improved indoor air quality with a sealed combustion furnace
- Quieter furnaces make a more peaceful house
Rebmann provides provide you with all the furnace services you need from assessments to replacements.
So to keep your family warm for years to come – call our furnace replacement experts today, so you’re not cold tomorrow!