What’s worse than dealing with cold weather? Dealing with cold weather and having to deal with a busted furnace! If you’ve ever spent a winter’s night in your home without heating, you know just how much it can take from the quality of life in your home. This includes a restless night’s sleep, a reliance on blanket, and general discomfort. You need furnace repair in Oyster Bay immediately once problems arise, or else you may have to prepare yourself for a season filled with shaking, shivering, and higher repair bills!
Fortunately, Rebmann Plumbing is here to provide furnace repair in Oyster Bay that will solve the most common heating problems so you’re not spending the season in the cold. After all, knowledge is power, and the more you know about the exact cause of a heating problem the faster you can take the correct steps in getting it fixed. Don’t allow your heating woes ruin your season and take action by getting them fixed before you feel the sting of a bitterly cold winter!
When Should You Call for Furnace Repair?
Now that we’re in the coldest months of the year, it’s important to identify all the things that can go wrong with your furnace so you know when exactly to make the call for professional service:
- Thermostat Problems: When your thermostat isn’t working correctly, it can really throw off your home’s perfect temperature control. Reasons for thermostat failure include poor or faulty wiring, poor home placement, or problems with the thermostats heat anticipator.
- Strange Furnace Noises: While furnaces won’t make a noise when they are working properly, banging noises may occur due to excess dirt on the furnace interrupting the ignition and resulting in a natural gas fire, which may create a mini explosion in the heat exchanger.
- Cold Spots: Cold spots are a result of heat failing to transfer to some rooms of your home either due to poor thermostat configuration or major heat loss through exterior walls. Have a professional investigate the situation to determine whether furnace repair, or perhaps installation of radiant floor heating is needed.
- Higher Heating Bills: Heating problems may eventually lead to financial problems, as furnaces will use up more energy to produce heat. It may get bitterly cold during the winter, but relying on your furnace all the time will only allow the costs of your heating bills skyrocket beyond belief.
- Furnace Not Blowing Warm Air: When a furnace isn’t blowing warm air, it usually indicates ignition problems, inadequate gas supply, major duct problems, or a condensation clog. Seek furnace repair to ensure your furnace is delivering a high level of comfort.
Contact Rebmann Plumbing today if you want furnace repair in Oyster Bay, especially if you notice any of these 5 signs in your home!