Are you in the market for a new heating system? Are you looking to choose equipment that is durable, reliable, and efficient? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider having a gas hot water boiler installed in your home. Oil furnaces and boilers are less efficient than hot water models and can put a dent in your wallet through utility bills. Call a Rebmann Professional today to discuss installation in your home.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing a gas hot water boiler:
- Inexpensive to run: When it comes to heating, water is a much better than air or oil. Therefore, they are much better at heating your house in comparison to other methods. During the colder months when you rely on your heat the most, you will be using significantly less energy than you would be with an oil-water boiler. When you use less energy, you spend less on your utility bills.
- Efficient heating: A furnace delivers air throughout your home after its heated, but it may not disperse evenly. It’s common for warm air from your furnace to gather at your ceilings because heat rises. With all the warm air being pushed upwards, it can take a while for it to spread out and heat your entire home. Gas hot water boilers send heat out through radiators and baseboards in waves for more efficient heating.
- Durability: Boilers are relatively simple machines – they don’t have a lot of parts that are constantly moving around inside of them. Fewer parts mean that gas boilers are less likely to suffer from wear and tear over time. This decreases your chances of needing repairs while increasing your equipment’s lifespan.
- Improved air quality: An oil furnace or boiler can blow out dust and other debris into the air supply in your home. When your air quality decreases, it can worsen asthma symptoms and cause other chest related illnesses to pop up throughout your home. Gas boilers have no ducts and are much better at keeping up your air quality.
- Size: Gas boilers are much smaller than furnaces, so they take up less space in your home. Some models are small enough to be mounted on your wall, so they don’t take up any floor space.
Gas vs Oil
Gas burns cleaner than oil. Because it releases significantly less CO2 than oil when burned, it’s the more efficient option. By choosing a gas hot water heater, you will have a smaller carbon footprint.
Gas hot water heaters don’t need a big tank. This makes installation, maintenance, and repairs easier for your local professionals. Some models are so small that they can be mounted on a wall in your basement, or somewhere out of sight to free up floor space.
Rebates may be available if you switch from oil to gas.
Now that you know the benefits of a gas hot water boiler, what are you waiting for? If you have any questions or concerns about gas boilers, call Rebmann today to speak to one of our professionals.