Tankless Water Heater Services in Long Island
If you are using a conventional water heater, you might be surprised to learn that it is relying on technology that is well over 100-years old. Many home and business owners are caught off guard when they discover this. That’s likely why tankless water heaters are being installed in homes and small businesses worldwide. Tankless water heaters are the newest, most effective technology in the world of water heating.
Did You Know That Tankless Water Heaters…
- Provide an endless supply of hot water?
- Provide cleaner water than conventional tank heaters?
- Are less likely to leak than conventional tank heaters?
- Have a manufacturer’s warranty of 12 years?
- Have a lifespan of over 20 years?
Tankless Water Heater Technology
Ultimately, it is the technology behind tankless water heating units that makes them more effective than conventional water heaters.
One of the main reasons that causes home and business owners to go tankless is because conventional water heaters burn fuel 24 hours a day, even when you’re not home. Not only does this cause energy bills to be unnecessarily expensive, but it is also not great for the environment.
If you’ve heard of tankless water heaters being called “on-demand” units, that’s because water is heated only when as you request it. This means tankless water heaters only burn fuel intermittently, heating up whenever you’re ready to use hot water.
Tankless water heaters use heat exchangers to raise the temperature. The heat exchanger is activated by the incoming flow of water. When a user goes to turn on the hot water from his or her faucet, the incoming water circulates through the activated heat exchanger. The heat exchanger then heats the cold water to the temperature that the user has set it to. Pretty cool, right? The heat exchanger technology is just another reason why people today are choosing tankless units over conventional heaters!
Top Reasons to Go Tankless
- Save Money: A recent report suggests that a typical family who has a tankless water heater installed into their home can save more than $100 per year in gas bills compared to a family who uses a standard water heating system. Larger families can save even more than this.
- Save Energy: As noted above, the “on-demand” function of tankless water heaters means that the heaters are not an energy consumption liability. With tankless water heaters being up to 96% efficient (conventional tanks have an efficiency rate of 60-65%), you will be able to significantly reduce the high levels of energy and water typically consumed by conventional heaters.
- Endless Hot Water: Tired of having to take cold showers after someone in your home has used up all of the hot water? Well, tankless water heaters have an endless supply of hot water, so that never has to happen again!
- Save Space: Trying to free up some space in your home or business? Tankless water heaters can easily be mounted onto walls, as well as outside of your home. Unlike conventional water heaters, many smaller tankless units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet.
- Longevity: Unlike traditional water heaters that have an average lifespan of 8 to 12 years, tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of more than 20 years. If you’re thinking of selling your home, this will certainly add to a home’s resale value!
- No More Leaks: When a traditional water heater leaks or fails, it can damage and flood your home with tens of gallons of water. You will have peace of mind knowing that if, for any reason, your tankless water heater was to malfunction, it would only leave behind less than one gallon of water damage. Because tankless water heaters are, in fact, tankless, there’s a slim possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank.
To learn more about tankless water heaters, or to have one installed into your home today, give Rebmann Plumbing! We’re here to help you!