Heat pumps in Long Island are an alternative heating system that guarantees you save energy on heating. Unlike furnaces and boilers, heat pump will transfer energy instead of burning fuel, proving to be both cost and energy efficient while providing you with comfortable heating in your home. Heat pumps in Long Island can also be added to any of your existing heating and cooling systems, so you’re not having to spend more money on purchasing additional systems. However, like any heating system, your heat pumps will run into problems that can jeopardize your chances of experiencing quality heating.
But don’t worry, because Radiant Plumbing can fix any of your heat pump problems in record time. We offer a wide range of repair services that will make sure all of your heating needs are met. While you may think your heat pumps are ready to survive the fall and winter, remember that problems can arise when you least expect them. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone at the first sign of a problem with your heat pumps!
Heat Pumps in Long Island: Top 5 Problems
Our heating experts have seen plenty of complex problems with heat pumps in Long Island, but we’ve noticed some problems pop up more than others. Here are 5 of the most common problems:
- Compressor Malfunction: The compressor inside your heat pump moves refrigerant throughout your system to facilitate the cooling process. A malfunctioning compressor could be the result of faulty electrical wiring or other defective components. We will diagnose the malfunctioning compressor, replace any damaged components or the entire compressor if necessary.
- Frozen Lines: If you don’t keep your heat pump clean or give it a break every now and then, your lines may become frozen. We can determine the cause of your frozen lines and perform any repairs needed to ensure it won’t happen again. The repairs typically include cleaning the heat pump, replacing filters or replacing the capacitor.
- Burned Wires: The wiring inside your heat pump ensures all components are connected and running in harmony. They can become damaged due to a power surge, rodent activity or poor installation. We can inspect all electrical connections and replace faulty or damaged wiring as needed.
- Damaged or Defective Fans: A heat pump with a damaged or defective fan will not even start. With the passage of time or heavy use, fan blades can deteriorate or the capacitor that powers the fan can fail. We will check to make sure your fan is in working order and make any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Condenser Problems: The condenser is vital to the air cooling process that occurs inside your heat pump. If the condenser fails, the refrigerant will be unable to cool the air passing through your system. We will examine your condenser to determine which of these is at fault and replace the condenser, fix the poor connections or clean the coils depending on our findings.
Contact Radiant Plumbing today if you’re experiencing any of these common problems with heat pumps in Long Island!